Форум Альдебаран
Добро пожаловать, Гость. Пожалуйста, войдите или зарегистрируйтесь.
05 Апреля 2020, 06:40:06

Войти
Перейти в Библиотеку «Альдебаран»
Наш форум в версии для PDA (КПК)
Наш форум в версии для WAP

Наш форум переехал на новый сервер. Идет настройка работы сайта.
1189537 Сообщений в 4361 Тем от 9549 Пользователей
Последний пользователь: Nora.05
* Начало Помощь Календарь Войти Регистрация
Форум Альдебаран  |  Литература  |  Специальная литература и Обучение  |  Наша Academia (Модератор: Лiнкс)  |  Тема: I can't help admiring while reading... 0 Пользователей и 1 Гость смотрят эту тему. « предыдущая тема следующая тема »
Страниц: [1] Вниз Печать
Автор Тема: I can't help admiring while reading...  (Прочитано 6281 раз)
Лiнкс
Administrator
Архимаг
Оффлайн Оффлайн

КОФЕ - ОН!

WWW E-mail
« : 15 Мая 2010, 13:56:33 »

"Spring was moving in the air above and in the earth below and around him, penetrating even his dark and lowly little house with its spirit of divine discontent and longing."

THE WIND IN THE WILLOWS

By Kenneth Grahame

«... І у вi снах, навік застиглих у моїх очах » Віктуар
Лiнкс
Administrator
Архимаг
Оффлайн Оффлайн

КОФЕ - ОН!

WWW E-mail
« Ответ #1 : 15 Мая 2010, 14:07:49 »

"He thought his happiness was complete when, as he meandered aimlessly along, suddenly he stood by the edge of a full-fed river. Never in his life had he seen a river before—this sleek, sinuous, full-bodied animal, chasing and chuckling, gripping things with a gurgle and leaving them with a laugh, to fling itself on fresh playmates that shook themselves free, and were caught and held again. All was a-shake and a-shiver—glints and gleams and sparkles, rustle and swirl, chatter and bubble. The Mole was bewitched, entranced, fascinated. By the side of the river he trotted as one trots, when very small, by the side of a man who holds one spell-bound by exciting stories; and when tired at last, he sat on the bank, while the river still chattered on to him, a babbling procession of the best stories in the world, sent from the heart of the earth to be told at last to the insatiable sea."

THE WIND IN THE WILLOWS

By Kenneth Grahame

Лiнкс
Administrator
Архимаг
Оффлайн Оффлайн

КОФЕ - ОН!

WWW E-mail
« Ответ #2 : 15 Мая 2010, 14:11:30 »

'Believe me, my young friend, there is NOTHING—absolute nothing—half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats. Simply messing,' ...
'—about in boats—or WITH boats,' the Rat went on composedly, picking himself up with a pleasant laugh. 'In or out of 'em, it doesn't matter. Nothing seems really to matter, that's the charm of it. Whether you get away, or whether you don't; whether you arrive at your destination or whether you reach somewhere else, or whether you never get anywhere at all, you're always busy, and you never do anything in particular; and when you've done it there's always something else to do, and you can do it if you like, but you'd much better not'...

THE WIND IN THE WILLOWS

By Kenneth Grahame

Лiнкс
Administrator
Архимаг
Оффлайн Оффлайн

КОФЕ - ОН!

WWW E-mail
« Ответ #3 : 02 Июня 2010, 01:41:19 »

One night they fell asleep, side by side...He slept curled against her back, a dark comma against her pale elegant phrase." — A.S. Byatt (Possession)

Sona
Библиотекарь
Оффлайн Оффлайн

« Ответ #4 : 02 Июня 2010, 18:42:36 »

'Believe me, my young friend, there is NOTHING—absolute nothing—half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats. Simply messing,' ...
'—about in boats—or WITH boats,' the Rat went on composedly, picking himself up with a pleasant laugh. 'In or out of 'em, it doesn't matter. Nothing seems really to matter, that's the charm of it. Whether you get away, or whether you don't; whether you arrive at your destination or whether you reach somewhere else, or whether you never get anywhere at all, you're always busy, and you never do anything in particular; and when you've done it there's always something else to do, and you can do it if you like, but you'd much better not'...

THE WIND IN THE WILLOWS

By Kenneth Grahame

:isumitelno: Oh!It`s one of my favorite English books.
Sona
Библиотекарь
Оффлайн Оффлайн

« Ответ #5 : 02 Июня 2010, 19:04:59 »

Cecy left Ann`s body and started her way home. In the eyes of a cricket Cecy saw the spring night world. In the eyes of a frog she sat for a moment by a pool. In the eyes of a night bird she looked down from a tall tree and saw the lights fom the faraway farm. She thought of herself and her strange power.
The April witch. Ray Bradbury
Sona
Библиотекарь
Оффлайн Оффлайн

« Ответ #6 : 03 Июня 2010, 20:12:09 »

Have you ever been in a house where there are a couple courting? It is most trying. You think you will go and sit in the drawing room, and you march off there. As you open the door, you hear a noise as if somebody had suddenly recollected something, and, when you get in, Emily is over by the window, full of interest in the opposite side of the road, and yor friend, John Edward, is at the other end of the room with his whole soul held in thrall by photographs of the other people`s relatives.
J.K.Jerome Three men in a boat (to say nothing of the dog)
Sona
Библиотекарь
Оффлайн Оффлайн

« Ответ #7 : 09 Июня 2010, 19:16:11 »

It was a long time before X could set the note aside, let alone lift Esme`s father`s wristwatch out of the box. When he did finally lift it out, he saw that its crystal had been broken in transit. He wondered if the watch was otherwise undamaged, but he had not the courage to wind it and find out. He just sat with it in his hand for another long period.

For Esme - with love and squalor. J.D.Salinger
Lana Balashina
Гость

« Ответ #8 : 23 Июня 2010, 10:06:58 »

I thought the problem must be a woman. I asked him if he was married yet.
'I don't understand women well enough to marry one,' he answered.
'My dear Gerald,' I said, 'it is our job to love women, not to understand them.'

:)
The Sphinx Without a Secret

By Oscar Wilde
Лiнкс
Administrator
Архимаг
Оффлайн Оффлайн

КОФЕ - ОН!

WWW E-mail
« Ответ #9 : 30 Июня 2010, 01:32:48 »

I Go Back To The House For A Book
    I turn around on the gravel and go back to the house for a book, something to read at the doctor's office, and while I am inside, running the finger of inquisition along a shelf, another me that did not bother to go back to the house for a book heads out on his own, rolls down the driveway, and swings left toward town, a ghost in his ghost car, another knot in the string of time, a good three minutes ahead of me — a spacing that will now continue for the rest of my life.

Billy Collins

Sergiusz
Библиотекарь
Оффлайн Оффлайн

WWW E-mail
« Ответ #10 : 30 Июня 2010, 12:25:42 »

Roving has always been, and still is, my ruling passion, the joy of my heart, the very sunshine of my existence.  In childhood, in boyhood, and in man's estate I have been a rover; not a mere rambler among the woody glens and upon the hill-tops of my own native land, but an enthusiastic rover throughout the length and breadth of the wide, wide world.

R. Ballantyne - The Coral Island

Nothing forgotten. Nothing forgiven.
стихи фотки
Лiнкс
Administrator
Архимаг
Оффлайн Оффлайн

КОФЕ - ОН!

WWW E-mail
« Ответ #11 : 03 Июля 2010, 17:03:12 »

Under my bed I have a shoe box full of telephone rings. Whenever I get lonely I open it up just a bit and I get a call.  :)

Steven Wright

« Последнее редактирование: 07 Июля 2010, 16:54:45 от LYNX » Записан

Jasmin
Гость

« Ответ #12 : 05 Июля 2010, 19:05:44 »

"... I'm capable of a great jerk, an effort, and then a relaxation - but steady every-day goodness is beyond me. I must be a moral kangaroo!'  :girl_haha:

Elizabeth Gaskell, "Wives and Daughters"

Ninon
Казань, Татарстан
Библиотекарь
Оффлайн Оффлайн

« Ответ #13 : 26 Июля 2010, 21:41:06 »

:embar:

"Temptation came in many forms. The shine of a gold coin, the taste of fine whiskey. A fine woman with eyes the color of expensive dark chocolate."

Melody Thomas "Passion and Pleasure in London"

Nonnulla oppida, olim magna claraque, nunc diruta jacent.
Если на нас так бешено лают, значит мы правы.
fern flower
мамочка
Критик
Оффлайн Оффлайн

« Ответ #14 : 29 Октября 2010, 00:17:50 »

“Ah know all dem sitters-and-talkers goingtuh worry they guts into fiddle strings till dey find out whut we been talkin’ ‘about. Dat’s all right, Pheoby, tell ‘em. Dey gointuh make ‘miration ‘cause mah love didin’t work lak they love, if dey ever had any. Then you must tell ‘em dat love ain’t somethin’ lak uh grindstone dat’s de same thing everywhere and do de same thing tuh everything it touch. Love is lak de sea. It’s uh moving’ thing, but still and all, it takes its shape from de shore it meets, and it’s different with every shore.” – Janie, from “Their Eyes Were Watching God” by Zora Neale Hurston

Не теряйте голову. Жизнь хочет вас по ней погладить. - Станислав Ежи Лец
Morgan Le Fay
Критик
Оффлайн Оффлайн

« Ответ #15 : 29 Октября 2010, 23:39:02 »

"From the dim woods on either bank, Night’s ghostly army, the grey shadows, creep out with noiseless tread to chase away the lingering rear-guard of the light, and pass, with noiseless, unseen feet, above the waving river-grass, and through the sighing rushes; and Night, upon her sombre throne, folds her black wings above the darkening world, and, from her phantom palace, lit by the pale stars, reigns in stillness."
"Three men in a boat" by Jerome K. Jerome
Odetta
Критик
Оффлайн Оффлайн

I wish I were a lighthouse keeper...

« Ответ #16 : 26 Января 2012, 18:34:11 »

"Douglas picked up the Mason jar with the cold dark lumps in it and the cool lights flicked on again, as if given life by his hand. He lifted the Mason jar to where it shone fitfully on his summing-up. The final words waited to be written. But he went instead to the window and pushed the screen frame out. He unscrewed the top of the jar and tilted the fireflies in a pale shower of sparks down the windless night. They found their wings and flew away.
Douglas watched them go. They departed like the pale fragments of a final twilight in the history of a dying world. They went like the few remaining shreds of warm hope from his hand. They left his face and his body and the space inside his body to darkness. They left him empty as the Mason jar which now, without knowing that he did so, he took back into bed with him, when he tried to sleep.... "

"Dandelion Wine" by Ray Bradbury

"Единственный вход: рождение, единственный выход – смерть."
Odetta
Критик
Оффлайн Оффлайн

I wish I were a lighthouse keeper...

« Ответ #17 : 21 Февраля 2012, 19:46:21 »

"Lord Darlington wasn't a bad man. He wasn't a bad man at all. And at least he had a privilege of being able to say at the end of his life that he made his own mistakes. His lordship was a courageous man. He chose a certain path in life, it proved to be misguided one, but there, he chose it, he can say that at least. As for myself, I cannot even claim that. You see, I trusted. I trusted in his lordship's wisdom. All those years I served him, I trusted I was doing something worthwhile. I can't even say I made my own mistakes. Really - one has to ask oneself - what dignity is there in that?"

Kazuo Ishiguro, "The Remains of the Day"

"Единственный вход: рождение, единственный выход – смерть."
Лiнкс
Administrator
Архимаг
Оффлайн Оффлайн

КОФЕ - ОН!

WWW E-mail
« Ответ #18 : 21 Января 2013, 15:24:18 »

"Snow flurries began to fall and they swirled around people's legs like house cats. It was magical, this snow globe world."

Sarah Addison Allen " The Sugar Queen"

Вэл
Виталий
Библиотекарь
Оффлайн Оффлайн

Казахстан, г.Алматы

« Ответ #19 : 21 Января 2013, 16:51:40 »

"...I regarded the wide, sloping tiger beach with its sudden twists and rises of coral, orange, pink, and red, and its abrupt caches of shells, driftwood, and small polished stones; and the sea beyond: rising and falling, splashing softly, all gold and blue and royal purple, and casting forth its lifesong breezes like benedictions beneath dawn's violet skies."

Roger Zelazny "Nine Princes in Amber"

Есть реки в пустыне, и есть пути в одиночестве, но нет ни рек, ни пути в том, кто растворился в других.
Лiнкс
Administrator
Архимаг
Оффлайн Оффлайн

КОФЕ - ОН!

WWW E-mail
« Ответ #20 : 21 Февраля 2013, 21:22:38 »

“Each day had a tranquility a timelessness about it so that you wished it would never end. But then the dark skin of the night would peel off and there would be a fresh day waiting for us glossy and colorful as a child's transfer and with the same tinge of unreality.”
― Gerald Durrell, My Family and Other Animals

Страниц: [1] Вверх Печать 
Форум Альдебаран  |  Литература  |  Специальная литература и Обучение  |  Наша Academia (Модератор: Лiнкс)  |  Тема: I can't help admiring while reading... « предыдущая тема следующая тема »
Перейти в: